Questions to ask your Nanny / Aupair
- What is your family situation?
- What are your child –care and first aid qualifications?
- How do you feel about me working from home or popping in any time?
- Why do you like children? (this often flushes out those who don’t, and is subtly different from “ what do you like about looking after children/”
- What are your strengths?
- Why did you leave your last three jobs?
- What are some of the things you would do with a child of this age?
- Do you have a philosophy or approach to child care?
- What are your feelings on setting boundaries and discipline?
- What are the bad things about the job?
- What are the worst kinds of parents to work for?
- The baby has been crying for an hour and nothing seems to work, what do you do?
- The baby vomits a feed, feels very hot, falls asleep and you can’t wake them up. You can’t contact the parents. What do you do? ( right answer: call an ambulance)
- I ask you to do something a certain way and you think it’s the wrong way. What do you do?
- How much notice do you want to give for holidays? And how much notice should we give for our holidays without you?
- Can my toddler or preschooler call me to come home, or to come and get them, or for a chat any time on your mobile if needs be and I will call back or reimburse you for the call?
- Do you own your car and is it insured? If so is it fully comprehensive?
|Back||Back to top|